What's a good Screen Recorder for Windows?

Go down

What's a good Screen Recorder for Windows?

Post  Tech Dude on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi,

This is more aimed at Smash (as I know he has knowledge about this), but here's my question (all are welcome to answer)

I know that, in order to record video off of my computer, I need a screen recorder. However, I'm not sure which ones work the best, and which ones are safe/not safe.

If someone could lend me a hand here, it would be awesome.

Thanks,
Tech Dude. Wink
Tech Dude
Technology Expert
Technology Expert

Back to top Go down

Re: What's a good Screen Recorder for Windows?

Post  smashbrosdude91 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Quote from Tech Dude.

I know that, in order to record video off of my computer, I need a screen recorder. However, I'm not sure which ones work the best, and which ones are safe/not safe.

Hi Tech Dude,

Yes, you're right, I do know some stuff about screen recorders, so why not make a post!

I've tried out a few over the past few months (for experimental purposes), so here are my findings.

For my recording (which doesn't need to be professional quality), I use Camstudio, which is a Free Open Source program. You can download it here.

There are other programs, such as Hypercam, which doesn't do as good as a job as Camstudio, and Fraps, which is supposed to be very good (but it doesn't work on my machine at all...not sure why).

If you're planning to do audio, you can try out Wavepad or Audacity, doing a Google search should help you out there. I've tried each of them, and they're both very good from what I can tell.

Hope this helps you out, and let me know how you make out!

(Edited to clarify something.....)

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

smashbrosdude91
Head of the forum community
Need a Title Change/Move/Lock - Board FAQ - Member Submitted FAQs - Report a bug

smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tech Dude on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks for the response. I've downloaded Camstudio to try it out.

Anything else I should know about this stuff that might be important later on?
Tech Dude
Technology Expert
Technology Expert

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 am

No problem. Smile

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. However, while it is possible to record computer audio when making movies (without sound recorder), Camstudio doesn't seem to want to detect my input. Twisted Evil

As this thread is pretty informative for those who want to make vids, I'm going to sticky it so people can discuss these programs. Cool

smashbrosdude91
Head of the forum community
Need a Title Change/Move/Lock - Board FAQ - Member Submitted FAQs - Report a bug

smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down