Video Gamer's Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus

Go down

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Empty smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus

Post  smashbrosdude91 Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:01 am

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Bg_header_resized
I have divided this review up into different parts. Part One (this part) cointains the Review for the GAME - Wii Sports Resort. Part 2 (next post) contains my review of the Wii Motion Plus Accessory. Part 3 (third Post) is the conclusion of the review, where I post my rating and then declare the post open! This review will be edited from time to time as I unlock new things.

A poll will be created once the review has been completed. This poll will display at the top of the page. If you have the game, feel free to use it to rate the game! THIS POLL WILL BE CLOSED AFTER A FEW WEEKS, as there is no reason to just keep it open!

Part 1 - Wii Sports Resort Review

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Wiisportsresort_2

Ok, so here we go!

WELCOME TO WUHU ISLAND!!!!!! Wii Sports Resort REALLY is the sequel to the famed "Wii Sports" and it really works well! With 12 sports to choose from, 10 of them being new (bowling and golf were kept but redone with WiiMotionPlus), and multiple modes per sport (depending on the sport), this game is really a bunch of fun!

I'm going to start from the beginning. After putting the disc in and starting it up, it first put me through a 3 MINUTE MOVIE on how to attach the WiiMotionPlus (WMP for the rest of this post), detach the WMP, and attach a nunchuck to the WMP. TALK ABOUT ANNOYING!!!! I put all of them together without even watching the video or reading the instruction booklet (it was pretty easy too!). Lucky for me, tho, right after that, the game started as usual. (this only happens the first time. Every other time I started the game, it loaded up directly to the "Press A and B" screen

The game needed to do a WMP Calibration for each remote that was on, so that it could, when being used, detect everything right. It took 5 secs or less, went quick, and is described in more detail in the next post.

A sport of each type is unlocked. I have gone into greater detail below on each sport, what I like about it, and what I don't like about it.

Swordplay -- Swordplay is really a lot of fun! I really enjoyed beating the crap out of my sisters !Very Happy

Duel Mode == Pretty much, you hold the Wii Remote like a sword and you attempt to kick the other person off of the floating platform!

Speed Slice == You have to cut the items in the right direction. Pretty easy once again! I've had no trouble getting shutouts in this!

Showdown == You have to fight a whole bunch of people, one hit, and they're dead, but you can't get hit more that 3 times. What I've found that helps is that if you just move the sword around like crazy, you can get through very fast. Just be careful on the last guy (the boss), as you have to take 3 hits out of him!

Wakeboarding -- Only one mode for this game. It's fun (I guess), but the tutorial is really annoying. EVERY TIME YOU MESS UP, IT STOPS YOU FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS. When my sister was practicing, the tutorial went on for 10 minutes!!!! Talk about painful.

ANYWAY, you hold the wiimote on its side, and you tilt it to go left and right. Raise it up to do tricks when you go over the wake. Thats it, just remember, you have to land flat!!

Frisbee -- This one takes a little bit of time to get used to, but I've pretty much figured it out. NICE AND SLOW gets it to go where you want it! 2 modes for this game!

Frisbee Dog == You throw the frisbee towards a giant target in the sand, and the dog catches it. This is pretty basic, just so that you can perfect your swing, as the next mode needs this!

Frisbee Golf == This uses the same golf courses as the golf game (I've described them there). You pick one of three frisbees (depending on how far you need to go, and you need to get it to go through the big target thing (not hard). Just stay focused, and you should do well!

Archery -- Archery is kind of hard. You get 12 shots (3 at each distance). The first two distances are quite easy, but the last one is really hard! It takes some practice, so all I can say is just keep trying. Unfortunately, when you're playing with like 3 people, it takes a while!

Basketball -- This is one of my favorites. Like all the other sports, it takes practice (what doesn't these days), but its quite fun! There are 2 modes for this game.

3 Point Contest == You get 25 balls, 5 at each of the 5 spots, and you have to try to make as many 3-pointers as you can. My record is 18. Oh, and the last ball of each set of 5 is a colored one, which gives you 2 points instead of one.

Pickup game == Its kind of like basketball, kind of not. Still, its hard and fun at the same time. You dribble like always, but you have to be careful not to do it too much because the computers are there! On defense, you can flick the wiimote to steal the ball from the opposing team, but if you fall down, they can get into the blue zone and go for the slam dunk!

Table Tennis -- Another one of my favorites. Whats good about this is that, unlike Wii Sports Tennis, which didn't detect backhand, this game does! 2 modes:

Match == You play to 6. Serve with A, yada yada yada. However, you can put spins on the ball (I usually do without trying), and if they give a real light hit, you can spike, and you can even hit them right in the face! (and you get a stamp for that!)

Return Challenge == Just like the return balls training session in Wii Sports. The guy serves them, you hit them back. I've gotten a record 56 on this!

Golf (reworked) -- MAN! This is hard! They implicated in a feature using the WMP so that if you twist the wiimote while swinging, you twist the club! SO MUCH HARDER, but yet more responsive than the older game. They were nice, and they brought back the old Classic Course as well as adding in a new course. So, overall, this sport has improved greatly! There's even an option to play "18 Holes", and there appears to be a locked option that I haven't unlocked yet. Stay tuned for that option!

Bowling (reworked) -- GREATLY IMPROVED!! Ever hated it when you attempted to bowl in the old Wii Sports game, and that when you decided to make it spin to the right, it spun to the left? Well, ALL of this has been fixed. It's actually HARD! I havent bowled a game over 200 yet (and before you could do that without trying!) There are three modes

Standard game == Do I have to explain anything?

100 Pin game == Same rules as Standard, but with 100 pins instead of 10. And, for those of you who were wondering, they brought back the secret strike. For those of you who don't know what the secret strike is and WANT to know, read the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Spin Control == This is different than spin control in Wii Sports. Instead of rolling the ball to hit 1 pin, you're rolling the ball to hit 10 pins. PLUS its in a normal game format....So 1 frame with 2 balls for each try. The easiest one is the last one (clear lane).

Powercruising -- This one's pretty boring. Pretty much, you just have to go through gates. Controls are hard. Thats all I got to say!

Canoeing -- This is also kind of boring. The controls on this aren't the best, as when you paddle (you're in a kayak), the oar doesn't always go to the right side. VERY ANNOYING at times. So, just go SLOW!

Cycling -- This is probably one of the best ways to explore Wuhu Island. You go on a bike (pedaling by shaking WMP & Nunchuck) on courses that lead you through the island. Some of the courses are pretty cool too! There are options of 1 stage, 3 stages, and a last option that I haven't unlocked yet.

Air Sports -- There are three modes to this, but I'm just going to describe them in one big paragraph. You can either skydive (boring really, you don't do anything), take an air tour of the island (which can be fun, especially if you're trying to find all 80 Information Points), or "Dogfight" which I guess you try to have the most balloons on the back of your plane when the time runs out.

And there you are, all of the modes for Wii Sports Resort. (that only took about 3 days to write Neutral ). So lets move on, shall we?

Part 2 - Wii Motion Plus Review - See Next Post
smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Bg_footer_resized

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Empty Re: smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus

Post  smashbrosdude91 Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:01 am

Part 2 - Wii Motion Plus Review

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Wii-motionplus

Ok, the WiiMotionPlus is a great addition to the Wii, as it makes the sensitivity much better and makes the actions more realistic. It takes some time to get used to (as does almost any other accessory), but once you get the hang of it, you will find it is a great improvement. For example, when I was doing bowling, on the OLD Wii Sports, the spin was always what I didn't want it to be (it was as if I had no control over it!). With the New Wii Sports Resort and WiiMotionPlus (WMP from here on), I could get my spins perfect, just as I wanted them!
HOW IT WORKS

From what I've read, there is a gyroscope or two inside of the little addition (and I mean little.....see image above). Its also using some accellarometer (spelled wrong...sorry) to detect speeds.

This accessory is really good. Unfortunately though, each time you want to play, it needs to calibrate itself, and occaisonally during play, you find that your movements aren't being recorded right, meaning that you have to pause and Recalibrate. Not that calibration takes a long time, but its kind of annoying.

Hm....what else to write...Ah yes. The WMP comes with its OWN Wii Remote Jacket, and its adhered to the jacket, MEANING YOU CAN'T TAKE IT OUT!! Personally I have no problem with this, but some of you people who never use that jacket might feel uncomfortable...oh well. You can still go ahead and wreck the jacket and get it out of there.

I don't believe that this accessory does anything on games it doesn't support. For example, if I was to try Wii Sports (the original) I don't believe that there would be ANY difference.

I should also mention that there is another extension plug at the bottom of the WMP so that you can plug your Nunchuck in....that always helps.

Ok, I think thats it for this post. SO...without further or due, lets move on!

Part 3 - Conclusion - Next Post

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus Empty Re: smashbrosdude91 reviews wii sports resort and wii motion plus

Post  smashbrosdude91 Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 am

Part 3 - Conclusion

Ok, so overall, I have found this to be a great game. I haven't had too much trouble with it, and from reading the reviews on Amazon.com, I don't believe that anyone there is also having too much trouble with this.

Hm....I'm new to all of this reviewing and stuff, so I don't really have a rating for this one. Sorry.

This thread is now open. Please, however, follow all forum rules. Thanks!

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Videos Section & other Video Reviews

So, first off, we have 2 reviews, one by IGN, one by Gamespot. They're usually pretty good.

This video is supposibly a trailer for the game.....it seems weird though.

For Video Demonstrations of the sports visit The Wii Sports Resort Website

Cheat Codes and extras for some sports can be found on TestedCheats.com

Move videos to come!

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Another reserve, just in case.

You may now post!
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down