Video Gamer's Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips

Go down

Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips Empty Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips

Post  smashbrosdude91 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Member Submitted FAQs

Member Submitted FAQs

Hello all,

This is a collaboration of forum related hints and tips brought to you by the kind users of the Forum Feedback forum.

*Applauds them for their hard work*

Please remember that the following entries are just suggestions put forward by your fellow members, they are here to be treated as food for thought.

Feel free to browse at your leisure!

If you've got an idea for a Member Submitted FAQ, please post it here

All FAQs are credited to their writer. To get started, click on one of the three green links in the Table of Contents, or just keep scrolling down!

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 10 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips Empty Re: Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips

Post  smashbrosdude91 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Table of Contents

Table of Contents

General Tips

Creating and Maintaning a thread

>>Why can't I create a thread or reply to a thread?
>>Why are open stickies "refreshed" every now and then?
>>I heard HTML is now available, but I don't really know much of it. Where can I learn?

Other

>>Contacting a User

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips Empty Re: Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips

Post  smashbrosdude91 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 pm

General Tips

General Tips

No FAQs with this topic have been submitted yet!

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Creating and Maintaining a Thread

Creating and Maintaining a Thread

Why can't I create a thread or reply to a thread?
By smashbrosdude91

Most of the time, if you are trying to post a new thread, or post a reply on a thread, you click the button and you get the window. However, some sections are restricted. For example, in this "Forum Section", Administrators can do everything, while Mods can only reply, and members can't do anything.

You cannot reply on a locked thread (mods and admins can override this), and you cannot post on a locked forum (only one forum is currently like this, and it is hidden from normal members.

Why are open stickies "refreshed" every now and then?
By smashbrosdude91

Stickies are "refreshed" when there are multiple pages of irrelevant posts. For example, the "Help! I need a mod!" thread will refreshed after a good 5 or 10 pages worth of posts. When a sticky is refreshed, it is moved to a hidden section, where the first few posts (usually by an admin/mod), are copied and pasted into a new thread. This thread is then posted and stickied.

I heard HTML is now available, but I don't really know much of it. Where can I learn?
By smashbrosdude91

You can learn HTML here.

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Other

Other

Contatcting a user
By smashbrosdude91

Ever wanted to Contact a User. It's actually an easy process, and can be done in two ways (depending on what the person you wish to contact has activated.)

Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips Icon_c10

You can Private Message all users except those who have been banned from sending private messages. Just click the button under a post of the person you wish to PM, type your message, and click send!

Member Submitted FAQs & Hints and Tips Icon_c11

Depending if a user is allowing you to email him or her, the email button might not show up. However, if it does show up, you can send them an email through the site. It works the same way as a Private Message, other than it is sent to the persons email address. I believe that it is sent through the board address. Replies can be sent directly through email (address to address).

Some users might have it enabled to "email through client". If you experience this, let me know, so that I can turn it off for that user.

smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down