Video Gamer's Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTML Guide

Go down

HTML Guide Empty HTML Guide

Post  smashbrosdude91 Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:40 pm

HTML Section - HTML Guide

HTML Section - HTML GUIDE

written by your mod team

Welcome to the HTML Guide! *applause*

So, if you haven't guessed, this is a nice little guide written by our forum mod team (and me). We'll start basic, and get more complex as we go.

If you would like to make your own HTML guide, please PM me so that I can set a thread up for you.

With that being said, lets start the guide.

If you're having trouble viewing the coding (or you see parts of it, but the rest is a mishmash of random stuff), please read this thread.

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

HTML Guide Empty Re: HTML Guide

Post  smashbrosdude91 Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:39 pm

HTML Guide - Basic Codes

HTML Guide - Basic Codes

Ok, lets start basic here. I'm not sure how things will work, but we'll see.

WHEN USING THESE CODES, REMOVE THE QUOTES. I PUT THEM IN SO THAT THE CODE DISPLAYS CORRECTLY IN THIS POST. Also, please remember that each code has an "end" command, which is <"/end">. (where end is the correct letter/word from below)

So here are some basic tags.
<"b"> = Bold
<"i"> = Italics
<"u"> = Underline
<"strike"> = Strikethrough (which looks like this)
<"font"> = Font adjustments. When using this, put a space, then type either face=, color=, or size=. With face or color, put a set of quotes after the = sign. <"font color="orange""> should look like this.
Headings - These use <"h#"> commands, which range from h1 to h6, with h1 being the largest.

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 am

HTML Guide - Advanced Codes

HTML Guide - Advanced Codes

Marquees - Written by Wallie

Marquees are pretty fun HTML objects. While they can look cool, there are many parts to a marquee.

A simple marquee is posted below:

Hi There! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Code:
<MARQUEE>Hi There!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D </MARQUEE>

Sure, that looks pretty simple, but then, add in other things, such as width and height, direction it should scroll, behavior (back and forth, just across, across then stop, etc.), Scroll Delay (how fast or slow it goes), Scroll amount (how much it jumps every time it moves), Loop (how many times it loops), and a Background color (BGColor). Each one of these is described in more detail below.

Marquee - Width and Height

This here is pretty explanatory. If you want your marquee to go across the entire screen, don't include these. If you want a marquee to only go across 50% of the screen, set the width equal to 50%. This can also be defined in pixels.

In the example below, I'm switching the BG color so you can see that it is 50% of the width. Oh, and remember, put the if you use the 50% width (or any other percent), include the numbers in quotes, because otherwise it might not take it. For example, below I typed into my marquee code width="50%"

HI! Razz

Marquee - Direction

Pretty simple really. This is where you tell it which way to go. The default is from right to left, however, it can be made to go from left to right.

EXAMPLES

HI
HI

Marquee - Behavior

This is the action you want. There are three behaviors.

The first behavior is scroll. This is the default.

I'm scroll Very Happy

The second is slide. This starts like scroll, but when it hits the end, it stops.

I'm Slide Wink

The third is alternate. It goes back and forth.

I'm Alternate Cool

This one's a bit more complicated. It uses TWO Marquee commands. I'll post the code below it.

This is fun!

Code:
<marquee direction='up' behavior='alternate' height='50'><marquee behavior='alternate'>This is fun!</marquee></marquee>

Marquee - Scroll delay

How fast or slow it goes. The default is 85, but you can change this (make it faster or slower). That is what smash did in the "Can you click this" Forum Game.

NORMAL looks like this.

I'm Normal

A slower one looks like this (I'm using Scroll delay of 500 for this one

I'm slow

A faster one looks like this (scrolldelay is 20)

I'm quick

Marquee - Scroll amount

Scroll amount tells it how far to jump. The normal for this is 6.

I'm Normal

This is 20

I'm 20!

This is 50

I'm 50

And just for fun, here's 100 (Imagine how hard this one is to click a link on)

I'm 100! ZOOOOOOOM!

Marquee - Loop

Loop tells it how many times to do the action. The only issue with this is, once it finishes, it disappears (no kidding). So here's the workaround. Set it to slide, so that once it stops, it stays. There really isn't a need for loop, but because its part of the code, I've included it anyway. The example below may have already finished, so just refresh the page!

This example is 2 loops with behavior slide

I'm sliding and looping twice

Marquee - Background Color

Background colors just affect the color behind the marquee. An example of this is the 50% marquee above.

To see all of the available colors, just go see the HTML Color Guide. It will be posted in a few days, and is being created by Wallie (me) and Tech Dude.

More coming soon.

Last edited by smashbrosdude91 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  smashbrosdude91 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 am

HTML Guide - "Div" Tags & CSS

HTML Guide - "Div" Tags & CSS

Coming Soon!

smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91