Video Gamer's Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debates Section - Your Ideas

Go down

Debates Section - Your Ideas Empty Debates Section - Your Ideas

Post  smashbrosdude91 Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:42 am

Debates Section - Your Ideas
Welcome to the official Debates feedback section.

First off, let me tell you why I'm posting this.

Debates are a great way to spark discussions. They also work well with many topics, not necessarily pretaining to video games. So, why not create a section for this. They could be on anything!

Here's how I envision this section working. Each week, an *OFFICIAL* debate is started by a mod (probably whoever decides to run the section, see below). They will give a little background info, post the rules, make a reserve just in case they need it later (possibly for highlights) and open the thread for posting. Then, you guys get to argue it out (and we'll even get involved too!). At the end of the week, we will determine the winning team (based on which side appeared to do better), close the thread, and open up a new one. I'm thinking about only allowing *OFFICIAL* debates for now because that way no rules are broken with topics. This could change later.

We would, at the same time, have a thread open where you could submit debate topics to us to look at and consider. If we do this, we will open up a new forum section which will be set to Auto-Hide threads from the view of the public. In this section, you would create your own thread (with nothing important in the title), but only the mods/admins would be able to read the message.

If we do go ahead with this, there are a few things we will need:

• Support from you
    There's no need to create this section if you aren't willing to participate and support Wink

• A section for ideas
    While we might seem superhuman, us mods can't necessarily always think of things to post in a thread like the ones we're discussing! So we plan to create a sticky where you can give us your ideas. We'll also see if we can put an "Auto Hide" feature on this thread, so that all of your ideas are "secret" until they are used for a debate.

• A person to manage the section
    The point of this is to involve the communtiy. So while us mods are going to participate, we don't necessarily want to be burdened by having to run the section by ourselves. This is where you come in. If you would like to volunteer to run the section, we would be very pleased. This also comes along with a nice little Forum Modship!

• A set of rules
    I vote we discuss these as a group, so that we can come up with a good set of rules that everyone approves of.

So what next? Well, this is where you come into play. First off, we want to know if you like this idea. If you do, let us know. If you don't...also let us know! If we decide to go ahead with this, we will need the things discussed above.

Give this a good though, then hurry on back with replies, ok? Thanks!
smashbrosdude91
smashbrosdude91
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down